Solved

how to add current month + previous month balance in generic Inquiry

• 5 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

I've created a generic inquiry, which pulls record from project transaction record table and based on that GI, I've created a pivot table, which will display month wise project balance for each account group and project. now i want to add another column to display total of current month + last month. how can i achieve this ?

So if you look at screenshot, i want another column in pivot table as running total (which will display current month + previous month total). eg 16591.71 + 4190.54=20782.25 in 03-2022 period.

icon

Best answer by lauraj46 9 June 2022, 19:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @psoni1585 ,

I’m not sure you can do this so easily in a pivot table.  It might be possible with some clever cross joins, but that could get messy and probably not very efficient.

A couple of other ideas:

1. You could possibly build this using the Acumatica Report Designer.  With the Report Designer you have the ability to use variables for running totals, conditionally hide certain sections, and so on.  It’s not quite as interactive as a Pivot table, but you can still configure drilldown.  

OR

1. Use the Acumatica Analytical Report Manager (ARM) to create this report.  You can learn more about ARM here:  https://openuni.acumatica.com/courses/reporting/end-user-course-arm-reports/

OR

1. Probably the easiest solution would be to create the report in Excel.  Have you looked at the Velixo add-in? It makes it very easy to build these sorts of financial and project reports directly in Excel. 

Hope this helps!

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved