Solved

Generic Inquiry , AP/AR Report

• 14 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello Community , 

I need to make an report of AP and AR invoices which are in same Due date , in generic inquiry , i use left join AP to AR on Data field of Due date , but i’m facing with issue of repetition of data ,

For example at 2/15/2024 i have 4 AR invoices and 1 AP invoices , in the Result Grid AP invoices will repeated instead of showing just 1 invoice . also when i want to use group by i have same problem on summing the invoice amount and if i want to use Union Join there is no featuret in Generic inquiry .

in a nutshell, how can i avoid repeating data in Generic inquiry

icon

Best answer by lauraj46 14 February 2024, 18:11

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @bmardanian ,

There is a clever trick that you can use to effectively union two unrelated tables together.  

The basic idea is to create an attribute with two rows (one for the AP and one for the AR) and then use a cross join to pull together the data from both tables into a single result set.  This post by @wyattERP explains in more detail:

https://www.augforums.com/forums/acumatica-generic-inquiries/gi-with-2-or-more-different-values/#post-5761

Hope this helps!

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved