Skip to main content
Solved

Does MYOB Advanced Support auto-assignment of default license to users during SSO ?

• 23 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone, we are new org trying to setup MYOB Advanced, and while trying to integrate MYOB with our Azure AD for Single Sign On purpose, SSO is working fine. But, the pain point we are having is license assignment. If we do not assign the license, user can’t sign-in even their account is synced from Azure AD with their roles. and to assign the license, we need to manually add the user via ‘Add user from Active Directory’ option. This will be a whole manual task for adding all users one by one and assign the license to them. Is there any solution/workaround for it ? Does MYOB supports auto assignment of default license during SSO? Please help. Struggling with this. will be really appreciated.

5 replies

@Sagar Greytrix @Manikanta Dhulipudi 

Please help.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @abhishekkc  ,
SSO for MYOB Acumatica doesn’t currently allow assignment of Licenses.
Licenses will need to be configured by a full user as normal.

There is some logic in to make switchover to SSO share licenses from existing accounts, this is described in the implementation white papers here:
MYOB Acumatica White Papers - Integrating MYOB Advanced with Microsoft Azure Active Directory

In the “Inherit licenses from existing users” section.

Best Regards,

@WillH Thanks for your response. The whitepaper doesn’t explain how. When I tested it, the license doesn’t get auto-assigned. This is not clear from MYOB.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for your feedback @abhishekkc 

I’ve forwarded your feedback onto our documentation team.

Have a great weekend,

Hi @WillH , Can you also tell me if we can make the SSO login of MYOB as a IDP initiated instead of SP initiated.

We want to login from our Myapps.microsoft.com where other several other managed apps sits. Currently, we need to navigate to that URL and sso from there only.