Solved

MRP Generate Forecast Screen

• 22 January 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Are there any users experiencing strange behavior in the Generate Forecast screen in v2020r2?  We’ve found the following issues:

• If an existing calculation is displayed in the Generate Forecasts screen, and the user wants to create a generate a new calculation with different parameters, the system throws an error regarding a “circular” reference.  This requires the user to delete all of the forecast lines from the Generate Forecasts screen so he or she can start over.
  • If a user generates a forecast, it is displayed and cached within his or her user account but is not visible on another’s account.  In other words, it appears that each user is creating and maintaining his or her own forecast as opposed to the forecast been company wide.
  • To that point, if one user removes all of the line on “his” generated forecast, other users will have their own forecasts on their screens, even after a web page refresh.  It appears that the generated forecasts are remaining in users’ caches incorrectly. 
  • Clicking “Process All” in the generate forecast screen does not release ALL of the lines in the forecast.  It appears that only the current page is being released.  
icon

Best answer by Debbie Baldwin 3 May 2021, 22:27

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I think the circular reference comes form over restricting. Like selecting a class that the product does not belong to. I just tried it in demo system and it does exactly what it should, at least for now :relaxed:

Userlevel 3
Badge

I believe Forecasting is very broken. When we run it it only picks up a few accounts rather than all.

We submitted a ticket but it’s been over a month. Customer is agitated that he paid for MRP and wants to use forecasting.

This is unusual fro Acumatica, usually they fix things before I know they are broken :-)

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Just got this regarding the forecasting not pulling in the data.

“I would like to inform you that the issue was fixed in 21.116.0049 version of the system.”

Userlevel 3
Badge

Are you sure this is fixed? I just tried to run it with a client and it did not pick up history.

Edit: Never mind, I confused the client with another one. He is on 21.106.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Are you sure this is fixed? I just tried to run it with a client and it did not pick up history.

I am not sure. I have seen some improvement, but every so often I still get the circular reference. Then i rerun it, and it works. Very frustrating. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I have seen a few cases where the forecasts do not seem to pull any actual history. I have an open ticket to see if it can be addressed, but I have also gotten the circular reference as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@plmainard I’m not sure if you have found the answers to your questions above. If not and you are still having issues - it may be best to log a support case to explore your issues. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thegenerate forecast process was designed to allow multiple users to use the form at the same time.  the userid is part of the key in AMForecastStaging.  The forecast tables are updated only when the user processes the selected forecasts.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved