Skip to main content
Solved

Inventory Planning - Transfer from other warehouse if available, otherwise MFG

2 warehouses

Manufactured item had demand for 100

I have none in the warehouse with demand.

I have 100 in warehouse that does not have demand.

Using MRP

I want to create a production order to meet demand, UNLESS I have quantities in the second warehouse.  Then I want inventory planning to tell me to transfer these.

Since the source is MFG, inventory planning tells me to build when I could do a transfer instead.

Same question on purchased items.

Is this a thing in Acumatica?

Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 3

Yes this can be accomplished by setting the planning parameters at the Item-Warehouse level. 

In my example I have an Item that I purchase for RETAIL warehouse but Transfer as the source for the WHOLESALE warehouse.  You use the Add Warehouse Detail button to change the details for each Warehouse.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Paul,

Thanks for the response.

This is close, but I don’t believe it is exactly what I am asking.

In your example above, if I get demand in either warehouse I want to manufacture it.

So if a sales order is entered for either RETAIL or WHOLESALE, and I don’t have any on the shelf, I want to manufacture it.

However, if inventory exists in the other warehouse, I don’t want to manufacture it, I want to transfer it to the warehouse where I need it.

Can this be done?  

Userlevel 3

Larry, 

That is different.  You want to set an order of operation for the sourcing.  I don’t know how to set that up or if it is possible.  

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @ltussing03 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

I don’t believe so

Userlevel 2
Badge

@ltussing03  I do not believe you will find this functionality in Acumatica. We have a similar problem to solve and our solution is to use EazyStock.