Solved

How to Use EOQ

• 28 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

We are wanting to use Acumatica’s ROP capability for our purchasing group.  They are wanting to use EOQ function, so every time we need to order from our vendor it will suggest the EOQ quantity to order.  I have watched some youtube videos and I believe I have the settings in stock items set correctly but still lumping the entire qty on 1 PO instead of multiple.  Is there a way in Acumatica do this?

Example - My EOQ is 4032 but my PO is 22,727.  If we want 6 PO’s with the amount to be 4032 each?

icon

Best answer by Debbie Baldwin 28 October 2022, 15:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@mdoerr Have you tried using the min/max and Lot Size settings on the Manufacturing tab of Stock Items? (assuming you have MFG)

Userlevel 1
Badge

What if I want my Purchase Orders to have the lot size of the EOQ.  So when MRP runs it will always propose the EOQ quantity.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I found where you put the lot size in the vendor inventory and then MRP will suggest that for your PO’s.

If you enter a lot size of EOQ in the vendor inventory and run MRP it will use the lot size when receiving (if assign lot # assigned “When Received”) is selected in the lot/serial classes preference.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved