Solved

Using an Import Scenario to run Recalculate Prices from the Actions menu on a sales order

• 25 February 2021
  • 8 replies

I am trying to use an import scenario to run price recalculation on a list of Sales Orders (provider is an Excel provider).  Here is my import scenario.  If anyone has any ideas about how to do this, I would appreciate it.

I’ve tried different variations of the OK button that are available in the list including <dialog answer>.  Also tried moving the OK button before the Action line.  Also tried the different Action->Recalculates that are in the list.

Any help is appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Gabriel Michaud 26 February 2021, 15:44

​​​​​​Hi @MRoszkowski15,

A few tips that should hopefully get you to the finish line:

• Invoking <Action: OK> (RecalcOK) is not the right way to confirm a dialog in an import scenario. Instead, you have to add a line before (that’s very important) calling <Action: Recalculate Prices> with:
    • Target Object: Order Summary
    • FIeld/Action Name: <Dialog Answer>
    • Source Field / Value: ='OK'
  • Also, you have to set OverrideManualPrices before invoking the action

This is counter-intuitive but since dialogs are modal/blocking, integration services need to know before the dialog opens what to do with it :)

Regards,

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

​​​​​​Hi @MRoszkowski15,

A few tips that should hopefully get you to the finish line:

• Invoking <Action: OK> (RecalcOK) is not the right way to confirm a dialog in an import scenario. Instead, you have to add a line before (that’s very important) calling <Action: Recalculate Prices> with:
    • Target Object: Order Summary
    • FIeld/Action Name: <Dialog Answer>
    • Source Field / Value: ='OK'
  • Also, you have to set OverrideManualPrices before invoking the action

This is counter-intuitive but since dialogs are modal/blocking, integration services need to know before the dialog opens what to do with it :)

Regards,

Thanks Gabriel, that made it work!!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Fantastic, thanks for the quick reply, i’m glad to hear it worked out! Happy Friday @MRoszkowski15 😊

Badge

@Gabriel Michaud, I was hoping you could provide some quick insight into my dilemma as well...very similar. 

When a service order is created from a Case, I want the case to Close and the Reason to be changed to value: SO - “SO Created” which is a custom drop-down value. 

I had this ordered so that <Actions: Close> was before the <Dialog Answer> and it was closing cases, but the reason was not changing from the default value. I then read your reply above and reordered the mapping so that <Dialog Answer> was first. I also moved Reason in between and even changed it to ‘SO Created’.

For whatever reason, now that I reordered, the import scenario is not firing at all. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @sean21,

I think you’ll have to make the following changes:

1. Change the Case ID → Case ID field to just Case ID
  2. Move the Reason field before you set the dialog answer.
  3. Change the Target Object of the Reason field to “Transition Parameters”

I’m not sure if the reason needs to be a code or the user-visible reason (Rejected, Resolved, etc.) -- this uses the new workflow engine in recent versions of Acumatica and I have yet to use that with an import scenario.

Badge

Thanks @Gabriel Michaud! Appreciate your help. It’s firing again, but it’s still having problems with changing the reason. I’ve set to equal the value and the value description… going to sleep on it and try again tomorrow… 

Badge

@Gabriel Michaud ...my stubbornness paid off. I had to do a little digging in the wikis, but I found an article that solved this. It works! I didn’t need the dialog answer in this case, since it was associated with a workflow. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Cool! Glad you found a solution 👏🏻

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2020  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved