Skip to main content
Solved

Opportunity Import error "Contact cannot be empty"

• 3 June 2024
  • 9 replies

I continue to have an error on my Opportunity import that the Contact cannot be empty. HOWEVER, the data in the excel spreadsheet is 100% correct and it appears to me that the import scenario Mapping is also correct.  I know 100% factually that the Contact ID in my data is correct.  Why am I continuing to see this error message?

9 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

It seems like the issue might be on the Owner line:

Try using Owner Id where indicated, like this:

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Laura02 ,

I set that as you instructed, and verified that in the Excel file there is a valid “Owner” column with valid OwnerID data in it.  But still seeing that exact same error.  Here is a screenshot of the Import Scenario again.

Thank you,

Badge +12

An important thing to know when building Import Scenarios is that the scenario is essentially performing UI functions, the same as a human would. Knowing this, a great troubleshooting step is to open the screen and perform the functions yourself, exactly as you have them defined.

I believe you’ll find that you cannot use the ‘Open’ action before entering a Subject. Also, unless you’ve customized the Opportunity workflow, OpenFromNew opens a dialog box, which you’ll probably need to provide an answer for, BEFORE the action that causes the dialog.

Userlevel 4
Badge

hi @darylbowman I did as you suggested which was to create an opportunity by hand/manually.  Obviously that works fine.  So, I tried creating an entirely new Import scenario with my Excel spreadsheet and am still seeing the exact same error.  Here is a screenshot of the newly created import scenario.
Note the errors that say that the Acumatica destination field does not exist.  What should I be selecting there then?

Badge +12

First off, you seem to be missing the Opportunity ID this go-round.

Have you looked at the existing Import Scenarios for Opportunities? Acumatica often ships some standard that may help you with the basics.

I have to admit, I’m not sure where those values are coming from. I think you just want ‘Contact’ and ‘Owner’ or perhaps ‘Owner -> Employee ID’ depending upon what values are in your spreadsheet.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@darylbowman First my apologies for taking so long to respond back on this.
I did exactly as you suggested.  HOWEVER, what keeps happening is that even though I continue to select the “Contact” as the Field/Action Name, when I save the scenario and go back into it, Acumatica keeps flipping my selection BACK to that “ContactID!DisplayName” with that error message/warning.  That is what is so frustrating, it is Acumatica that is changing that option in the scenario.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@NetAdmin42 

I just tested and was able to successfully import opportunities using the following mapping.

Compare this to your mapping and see if changes are needed.

Ed

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you, thank you, thank you @ed.goodman !

When I manually edited the source field/value to be that =IsNull statement, I WAS able to then successfully import these opportunities.

Thank you very much,

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@NetAdmin42 

You are welcome!

Glad I could help!

Ed