Question

Error "Failed to convert parameter value from a String to an Int32" in Import Scenario for Project of Construction

• 2 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Good afternoon,

Happy New Year to everyone, I would like to ask for your help in creating an import scenario that is giving me an error.

I created the import scenario for construction projects with the necessary fields to upload, I need to import 180 projects, but when uploading the import it shows me an

I am going to attach the images of how I created the import scenario so that someone can guide me to correct the error, because I have reviewed, but I cannot identify the cause of this error.

I thank you in advance for the help and I hope you have a happy week.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @vgonzalez were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Hello, I am attaching the xml and an example of the Excel file that I want to upload.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Badge +18

Hello,

Looking only at what you have shown us,

1. I recommend skipping status and let the new project be added with Acumatica default status “In Planning”.
  2. You want to select Field/Action Name = Description  instead of Project ID for the second time, when mapping to Source Filed/Value Description.
  3. You want to select Field/Action Name = Project Manager  in Summary → Project Properties Target Object instead of Project ID for the third time, when mapping to Source Filed/Value Owner ID.
  4. It looks like a field called CITY is mapped to STATE in the address.  You will want to select State Source Field on the last visible line below.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Without seeing the XML, is it possible on of your fields on the provider is marked as a String when it should be an Int?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @vgonzalez 

Please share the XML file and excel sample file to review and assist here?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved