Skip to main content
Solved

Why does "Enter PO Receipt" button stay visible even when all line quantities are fully covered by receipts

• 17 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Build 23.212.0024

A number of users are asking why the “Enter PO Receipt” button remains visible on a PO even when all stock item line quantities are covered by existing PO Receipts.

Since it isn’t possible to easily see the existing PO Receipts for a PO, users can mistakenly create another PO Receipt. Quantities will be zero on the new (duplicate PO Receipt) but why allow it in the first place from the PO?

Thinking there must be a good reason but can’t think of it. Any ideas?

The SO workflow, as a comparison (which I would assume to be similar), doesn’t allow you to create shipments when all line quantities are already on shipments so why the difference? Another difference is that shipments created from the “Create Shipment” button on the SO are created and saved automatically whereas PO Receipts aren’t saved until you click the save button.

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I tested both version 2023 R2 and 2024 R1.  Both Completed- and Closed-status Purchase Orders looked like this in my demo system when all items were received:

Is it possible your users have “Favorited” the Enter PO Receipt option, causing it to always appear at the top of the screen?

I recommend using the PO History tab to see quantities received - though it would be helpful if Total Quantity Ordered showed in the Summary area. I think a small customization could add the total quantity ordered in the PO summary for easy comparison.

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for the comment. Will take a look at the “favourite” possibility.

In your screen shot, your PO Receipt is “Released”. I think that’s possibly the difference. If the PO Receipt is just in the balanced state, you can probably still create more PO Receipts for that PO?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just confirmed the above on my own version. When the PO Receipts are all released the PO becomes “Completed” which indeed removes the “Enter PO Receipt” button. However, this issue relates to when PO Receipts exist but are “Balanced” and not “Released”.

This could happen if a PO Receipt is generated in advance but the goods haven’t actually been received so the PO Receipt isn’t released.

The “Received Qty” on the subsequent receipt lines would be zero when the new PO Receipt information is presented back to the end user. If left that way, the user shouldn’t be able to save the receipt as a warning appears. Nothing to stop a confused user from changing those zero quantities to a non-zero value though and saving.

Badge +18

Hello,

I see.  I think there are two solution options - re-training and/or customization.

The users may look at the PO History tab of Purchase Orders to see Unreleased Receipts along with Released receipts. They may click each receipt to check what was received, if it’s not obvious by the quantities, before entering additional receipts.

Customizations could be created to do the same checking: to check which lines were received and pop-up warning messages when previous receipts are present, to hide the Create Receipt button, to prohibit duplicate receipts of each line.

It is possible to receive more than we order; this possibility is likely the reason that Acumatica doesn’t prohibit additional receipts once original order quantity received.  You may like to add an idea to the Ideas section of Acumatica Community, to help prevent duplicate receipts.

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, thanks for the response.

I think you’re right with this statement:

“It is possible to receive more than we order; this possibility is likely the reason that Acumatica doesn’t prohibit additional receipts once original order quantity received.”

Although if that happens, the end user should probably be cautious in just receipting additional stock not ordered. I suppose it depends if the additional items were attributed to the same PO on any labelling.

We’ll look at re-training the end user or a customisation as you say. Was just interested to see what possible reasons there were to keep the button visible.

Thanks again.