Skip to main content
Question

Setting up Incoming Document

• 24 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello all,

I have been trying out the Incoming Doc feature. This is the following document. I have the Inventory ID mentioned in the description itself.

The inventory ID is “SH038” where the rest is the inventory description, but still it is getting recognized as transaction description. How can make it get recognized under Inventory ID and the rest under transaction description.
Also it has a sales tax and freight amount. How can I set this up so that my tax & freight is recorded under the same account as that of the Inventory ID.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Harshita 

Have you set up Alternate ID’s for that vendor? Also, you can highlight the inventory ID and put it in the Inventory ID box. 

When you say you want to add tax and freight to that inventory ID, do you mean directly applied to that item or the bill as a whole?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

HI @Harshita 

Have you set up Alternate ID’s for that vendor? Also, you can highlight the inventory ID and put it in the Inventory ID box. 

When you say you want to add tax and freight to that inventory ID, do you mean directly applied to that item or the bill as a whole?

Hey @Kandy Beatty ,

Alternate IDs are already setup, so when I manually click on those lines then it is recognizing under Alternate IDs. And I am looking to add the tax and freight costs on line level itself instead of the whole doc level.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Harshita 

I know that document recognition is still not 100%. There are some work arounds still that are needed with it. 

Have you verified the mapping?

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(3))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=818e9080-dabf-440c-aa6f-5d2f9812ac8b

For freight and tax, are you looking into the lines of landed costs?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

HI @Harshita 

I know that document recognition is still not 100%. There are some work arounds still that are needed with it. 

Have you verified the mapping?

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(3))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=818e9080-dabf-440c-aa6f-5d2f9812ac8b

For freight and tax, are you looking into the lines of landed costs?

But even if I apply LC, they would be calculated separately. So if I have a line item of $10 & $20 and a total tax of 0.3 is calculated (1% of the line item amounts) & freight of 0.3 (0.1+0.2) then I would like to recognize the line item amount as 10+0.1+0.1(1%of 10) = 10.2 & similarly for 2nd line item as 20.4

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Harshita were you able to find a solution? Thank you!