Solved

Reclassify date of journal transaction to a previous period

• 8 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Some of our deposits were posted to the bank deposit as a date in the subsequent month in error. I see the option to reclassify the journal transaction related to it, however the date I need to change to is in the previous month (different period). It gives me a yellow exclamation mark with the error, but there are no options to change the period? I also just tried to process and proceed, but it does not move forward.

icon

Best answer by vkumar 9 February 2021, 02:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Also, the period is still open, it is not closed!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ACunningham33 

Reclassifying Transactions allows to reclassify a batch when posting to an Account, Sub account or Branch is wrong. You can modify the dates subject to following condition :

While reclassifying a transaction, you can also edit the transaction date and the description of the reclassification transaction. If you edit the date, the new date has to be in the range of the financial period of the original transaction.

Here is the documentation link :

https://help-2020r2.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=7ceb94a4-5a8f-4930-a1d9-31920750580d

Hope this helps,

Regards,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved