Question

R&D materials / R&D tax credits

• 27 February 2023
  • 0 replies

Our UK based organisation has an R&D department with a team of about 30 people. 

We intend to set up a separate R&D warehouse within Acumatica, configured in such a way that the value of the stock within it is posted to an expense account on the PL - i.e. has zero value. 

Each time an item is purchased by R&D, it will be entered as a stock inventory item (with a stock inventory item class) and the default warehouse will be set to R&D. We will also set a custom checkbox on the item to flag it as R&D. 

When the items are received into the R&D warehouse, we would then be treating them as an expense, while at the same time having the ability to transfer items out of the R&D warehouse and into the main warehouse when they move from a prototype R&D phase and into production - so that their value then appears as stock on hand (by unchecking the R&D flag and doing a transfer).

Please forgive my lack of knowledge:

Does that setup sound like it would work? 

I was hoping that we could then track R&D spending which would help with the annual R&D tax credit claim using the R&D expense account that is linked to the R&D warehouse. 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved