Solved

Project integration issues

• 6 April 2021
  • 8 replies

When a GL account is assigned to an account group, the GL account will be required to have a project associated with it. Some forms do not allow for project number input which prevents use of that form. For instance, attempting to utilize the create adjustment tab in the reconciliation statements is not possible because the quick transaction screen does not allow the user to input a project number (there is no project field available.) Other areas where this is a problem for companies that utilize projects is in the fixed assets module and in the allocator process.

icon

Best answer by vkumar 11 February 2022, 08:16

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Irina do we have a solution to this?  I have a customer sending me this same issue on the Quick transaction form on the reconciliation statement.  Yes there is a workaround by creating a JE but why have this as a quick transaction if it is missing a required field?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @whitneyhearn02 

You may use Cash transaction to enter such amount for now, which allows entering Project /Task for such adjustments. I do agree that an option to enter project and task on quick transaction screen is more convenient.

Please post a request on our ideas page as well (https://community.acumatica.com\ideals). You may mention the frequency of such transactions ( say in a month) based on business process. 

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @vkumar 

So you are suggesting to put bank fees as a cash transaction since no project is needed on those?  Why was it made mandatory but not available on the screen?  I will put in an idea but seems if it worked before the upgrade, why wouldn’t it work after? Seems like a break/fix design miss to me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @cwomack98 

If it allowed you enter Project on any earlier version, please let me know the version#. I will check that at my end. If any option has been changed on newer version, it should have been documented on release notes.

Quick transaction are normally used for recording the bank fees, interest etc. Mostly not regular charges, but the charges that reflect once a month etc. 

Hence, assigning such expense account to Project Account group is not ideal. However, if its needed due to specific nature of client’s business, do let us know the business process. We will try find a workaround. 

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge

@vkumar 

Project wasn't mandatory in older versions. Client just upgraded this past month and now they have to have a project number on their bank fee transaction when they didn't have to  before.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @cwomack98 

This is possible only if Bank fee expense account was added to an Account group at later stage (say after upgrade). If it was added to an account group and was allowing you enter an adjustment transaction without specifying the Project and Task, do let me know the version the instance was previously on. I can check further.

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @vkumar,

They were on 20.112.0035 and have been using the same account since before the upgrade with no problems. 

Userlevel 1

The same thing happens in FA module. Once again, the FA module does not contemplate the existence of a Project and Task. Thus the user has no way to specify these when posting. If the GL account in question has a Account Group associated with it - the transaction will not release and the user has no way to specify the necessary information. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved