Question

Non Stock Item Sales Account

• 13 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello,

I’m setting up Non Stock Items for services and was wondering how I make the system post to the sales accounts tied to the item vs the sales account for the customer when invoicing?

Thank you in advance!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @kstockman 

How is the posting Class set up for the Non Stock item?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Set on the Order Types

Userlevel 3
Badge

Can you have posting classes for Non Stock Items?  I don’t even see that as an option for me.

Userlevel 3
Badge

The client will be using Projects and not using sales orders.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Can you have posting classes for Non Stock Items?  I don’t even see that as an option for me.

HI @kstockman 

Yes, you can

Userlevel 3
Badge

So I don’t have those options.  Do I need to enable a feature?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@kstockman when you are billing the system will use the revenue account group which is tied to a specific GL account.  is the Revenue GL account different than the sales account on the item level? 

also, if the sales account from the item isn’t specified in any account groups then it won’t feed back to the project.  you may want to explore expanding on your account group list or adding all the sales GL accounts to the revenue account group.

also, can you share what your revenue budget looks like on your project and the GL settings of the item you are trying to bill out? this could also help us troubleshoot!

Thanks!

Iqra

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved