Solved

Level Security to GL Account Access

• 19 May 2022
  • 3 replies

I have setup Row Level Security to GL Account Access and allocated the restriction group to a user
The User should not be able to transact or view the account included in the restriction group

The result is that the account in the  restriction group is not visible to the user when he view GI/Pivot
and the user cannot select the account when capture transactions.

I am therefore happy with the result

The problem however is that the user are able to view the account in the batch file on the
Journal Transactions screen GL301000

I can restrict the user to not be able to view the detail of the Journal Transaction batch with Access Rights to a role.

To implement the Access Rights  by Role is not the ideal solution.

Please confirm if I understand the functionality of the Row Level Security to GL Account Access correctly.
Should the restriction to the account also apply to the account in that the user will not be able to view transactions captured against the account.

icon

Best answer by retha50 26 July 2022, 13:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @retha50 

Restriction Groups give access to those you want to see things in the system. I believe from what you have said, you do not want them to have access. Is that correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @retha50 - were you ever able to find a solution for this issue? Thank you!

Hallo @Chris Hackett 

Yes I was able to implement a solution with the Access rights to screen and User roles.  Thank you

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved