Skip to main content
Question

fixed asset error message "Book Period cannot be found in the system”

• 6 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Receiving a fixed asset error message "Book Period cannot be found in the system” when trying to dispose of an asset.

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Has the FA calendar been generated to cover the Useful life of the asset?

Placed in service date is 07/30/21, useful life is 15 years.  So, I need to Generate Book Calendars through 2036?  I am new to Acumatica and have never used this option before.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Yes the Book Calendars need to be generated out for the entire life of the asset.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Placed in service date is 07/30/21, useful life is 15 years.  So, I need to Generate Book Calendars through 2036?  I am new to Acumatica and have never used this option before.

Can you share the steps you are taking @thoward66 ? That may help someone to get you a better answer of how to correctly handle this. 

I am finding the fixed asset and choosing option to dispose.  Putting in 09/13/2023 as disposal date and disposal period as 11-2023. Both time periods are in an open status.  After hitting enter I get the error message “Book period cannot be found in the system”

Also, fixed asset book calendars already exist to year 2060.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello, Please provide a screen shot of FA501000 and a screenshot of GL201000 for fiscal year 2022 and 2023 for reference.  Thanks