Solved

Diminishing Value to Straight Line Depreciation

• 7 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi All, @Naveen B ,

is it possible to change from Diminishing Value to Straight Line Depreciation of an Asset?

Case:  Office Equipment has a life of 10years.  First 4 years is Diminishing Value, followed by 6 last years as Straight Line.  Is this possible?  I have tried by running diminishing value first, then changing to SL however an adjustment is added to the start of the SL depreciation so it doesnt work.

Regards,

Laura

icon

Best answer by vkumar 9 January 2022, 03:06

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @lauracastagna 

I dont see an option to change the depreciation method of posting book and leave prior depreciation number un-adjusted. Creating an adjustment to change the value of the asset and creating new asset on change of depreciation method is an option (manual).

Let me know the business requirement details. If this scenario is applicable in specific industry/ country, we may send the details as feature request as well. 

Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @vkumar,

so do i need to dispose of the asset and then re-enter the asset with the new depreciation method.

The Asset starts with Double Diminishing for first five years and then the last two the client uses SL.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved