Solved

Deliveries in Canada tax issues

• 1 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Our customer hires a truck to make deliveries in CA.  The issue is that each delivery can have different tax consequences.  For example they will get charged a fee for the delivery and then get taxed at the Ontario rate, then their next delivery is is made in Manitoba and they invoice will have the fee and then a separate line for Manitoba taxes. I feel like Incoming Document recognition is going to have issues and I am not sure the best way to handle the change in taxes for each line of the invoice.  Has anyone had this issue and found a good solution?

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 5 April 2024, 21:25

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Here’s a couple of ideas to test out and try to see if they might work for your customer

1. Turn on Tax Amount Validation on the AP Preferences screen.  This will force the AP user to validate that the correct tax amount has been chosen.  While there are some provinces with similar tax rates, this should catch most of the issues (and the ones that are all 13% are HST anyways which all gets reported federally anyways).
  2. You can change the tax zone at the document level, but that requires manual intervention, as long as you have one tax zone per bill and your tax zones are province based.
  3. Would it be possible to have different non-stock items for the different delivery zones that could have a different tax category, each linked to different provinces taxes?  (i.e. MBDELIVERY would has GST + RST and ONDELIVERY would have HST, etc?).  You would need a “Canada Wide” tax zone that had all the applicable taxes included I think.

Megan

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved