Solved

Closing Periods

• 9 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Our acumatica system has open periods all the way back to 2015 , I have been successfully able to close periods from 2015-2019.However , When I get to 2020 I can close the submodules but there are two transactions in GL in an unposted status which are preventing me from closing the period.

My inclination is to delete the transaction but the “trash can” symbol is grayed out . Is this related to access rights ?. But the bigger question is 

(1) If I delete transactions is that going to change the sub-module balance thus causing a need to make a G/L entry to being it back in sync with one another ?

(2) If I delete an entry in GL which is coming from AR, for example , does the AR module need to b re-opened before the system will allow me to delete it ? May be that’s why the trash can is grayed out ? The weird thing is I was able to close the AR module even through the G/L has an unposted entry from that sub-module.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 9 March 2024, 23:13

View original

1 reply

Badge +18

Hello @skumar98 ,

You won’t be able to delete the released batches; you may post them. It’s not an access rights issue, and re-opening a subsidiary ledger will not change the situation.  (You have encountered an intentional accounting control.)

• Go to Finance → Post Transactions and Post the two transactions. 
  • If you don’t want these transactions to update GL, then go to Finance → Journal transactions and reverse them ([...] Actions menu → Reverse action).
  • Then Release and Post the Reversal. 
  • Then move forward to close the next periods.

Posting these batches will not cause a difference between a subsidiary module (AR) and GL.

1. If any Unposted batches originated in GL, they will not affect any subsidiary module when posted.
  2. If any Unposted batches originated in a subsidiary module, they have already updated the subsidiary module but have not yet updated the GL.  This situation is a problem and has already caused a difference between GL and the sub-module (AR).  Posting the Unposted batches will therefore bring GL back into balance with AR.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved