Solved

Check Formatting in Report Designer

• 2 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I had check layout AP641500 set up and working in Report Designer.  All of a sudden, the checks starting printing with a different layout.  It looks like it’s pulling from the “Group Footer with Supplied by Vendor.”  What could have changed?  Do I need to format this section the same as “Without Supplied by Vendor?”  I don’t have this issue in the Sandbox tenant.

Thank you in advance for your help!

icon

Best answer by Laura02 2 November 2023, 12:20

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello @kstockman ,

I’m not in a place where I can open the check in Acumatica Report Designer right now, but can tell you: You are correct, there are two sections on the AP Check that look the same and are used in different circumstances. I’m not sure without looking at the visibility criteria on each section, what causes one section to be used over another (multiple payees, perhaps?)

When I change a check for a client, I always change both of the sections to look the same in the Report Designer.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Laura02 uses the appropriate technique of modifying both sections in the same way, this allows for changes to the Acumatica license over time without affecting the check design. 

The sections are dependant on the “Vendor Relations” feature in Acumatica which allows parent/child relationships for vendor accounts.  You can validate which section is printing under the Visibility condition of each section’s properties. 

Inside each section there are overlapping fields, only one of the overlapping fields will print, this is dependant on if Construction edition is enabled/disabled. 

Is it possible you have “Vendor Relations” enabled in one of your environments and not the other?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you @Laura02 @Robert Sternberg!  It looks like the client must have enabled the “Vendor Relations” feature in the Live Company.  I will still go in and format the other section to match just in case.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved