Skip to main content
Solved

Can't Release AP retainage-Error: Inserting 'AP Transactions' record raised at least one error. Please review the errors.Error: 'Subaccount' cannot be empty.

• 31 May 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi there,

We can’t release AP retainage due to error message of “Error: Inserting  'AP Transactions' record raised at least one error. Please review the errors.Error: 'Subaccount' cannot be empty.”

Below is the retainage image from original invoice

The journal entry from original invoice. 

Could you please advise? Thank you. 

8 replies

Badge +18

Hello @epan ,

On the GL Accounts tab of the Vendor, is Retainage Subaccount populated with an active Subaccount?

On the GL Accounts tab of the Vendor Location that was used on the AP Bills for which Retainage is being released, is REtainage Subaccount populated with an active Subaccount?

Please look in Tools → Trace.  Is there any additional detail for the error?

Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Laura02,

Thanks for the instruction. Please find below GL accounts tab of Vendor. The Sub-account is  “General-0000000000” . I think this error may due to Acumatica updates to Acumatica Cloud ERP 2023 R2. I tried to release the old retainage which gave me the same error message. I don’t get this error before system update. I also tried to generate a new retainage invoice which I’m able to release. The errors occurred to the old retainage invoices generated in the old Cloud ERP. I also take a screenshot of the error message below. Not sure where is “Tools→ trace” Could you provide more details? Just in case, I’m attached the AP preferences. Hope this helps. Thank you so much.

Badge +18

Hello,

Tools-Trace can be found in the right corner:

Let us know if there are additional details in the Trace.

Are you saying you are not able to release retainage for bills that were created in a previous build of Acumatica?  And Release Retainage features did work prior to your recent upgrade?

Do you have any customizations on your site?  If Yes, please see if retainage can be released successfully with customizations temporarily un-published.  If retainage can be released with customizations temporarily un-published, contact your developer. 

If you cannot release retainage with customizations temporarily un-published and there are no additional details in the Trace, the next step may be to raise a support Case with your VAR/Partner or with Acumatica support,.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Laura02 thanks for the detail screenshot for tool and trace. Please find trace information below. There’s no customization made in AP retainage. Looks like AP subaccount  not auto populated from original invoice to retainage invoice for the old retainage invoices generated in old production tenant before upgrade. Not sure where I can insert Subaccount for retainage invoices. So it can be released. Could you please review below message and hope this will help. Thank you so much Laura.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @epan were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

We are also facing the exact same issue. Please keep us informed if there is a workaround or fix for this problem.

Build 24.103.0036

Error: Inserting  'AP Transactions' record raised at least one error. Please review the errors.Error: 'Subaccount' cannot be empty.

I cannot see any missing Subaccount setting or a configuration error.

This AP Retainage Release process works for some AP Invoices, it might be related to the Project/Task/Vendor selections and configurations.

Surprisingly, I was able to release the retainage of the same AP Invoice in my local instance (4 months older snapshot) and I cannot see any difference. Acumatica Build, the record and its configurations seem to be the same. For now, I have not tried locally with a most recent snapshot.

@epan @Chris Hackett @Laura02 

Badge +18

It seems like there is a know issue in some recent versions of Acumatica:

Ask your Partner to download and install the customization package for you.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

This has been fixed. Thank you.