Skip to main content
Question

AR and AP Applications - Documents to Apply to include Payments and Prepayments in Doc Type list

• 13 August 2023
  • 2 replies

In the use case of customers or suppliers having open on account or prepayment amounts it would save time and help keep customer accounts more tidy if these payments/prepayments could be allocated with a payment.

For instance:

1. Customer pays a deposit or stage payments prior to being invoiced eg $500
  1. Customer invoice is raised for products or services rendered eg $5000
  1. Customer payment to settle invoices is received for $4500 - It would help to be able to select both the above transactions during the application process leaving all transactions in a closed status.  Currently I don’t think payment or prepayments are available on the Doc. Type drop down list.

I hope this makes sense.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Steps

1. Make the Invoice (AP or AR)
  2. Apply first the prepayment or Deposit to the Invoice (Prepayment/Deposit status is Closed, Invoice status still Open)
  3. Apply the Payment Received to the Open Invoice (Invoiced=Closed, Payment=Closed)

Hope this will enlighten you.

Riico

Thank you, however I am absolutely aware of the way Acumatica works at the moment.  
Having to apply prepayments to invoices before the payment/receipt is less efficient than being able to do this as you post the actual payment.

Many of our clients are upgrading to Acumatica from Pegasus Opera 3 software and this is a retrograde process for them.

I just wanted to see if other users felt the same.