Solved

AP Debit Adjustment Form

• 10 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello,

I am wanting to create a pdf form for AP Debit Adjustments. The business case is that when we have a Credit memo request from our Vendors, rather than waiting for the Vendor to create a Credit Memo on their end and send to us, I would like the ability to generate the a Debit Adjustment and print to PDF so I can send to the Vendor to initiate the request. I am told I have to create a form from scratch for this as out of the box there is not form for Debit Adjustments. 

How would I go about doing this and are there any best practices to help expedite the creating of this, ie copy AP Remit form etc…

Thank you

icon

Best answer by ChandraM 10 January 2022, 20:39

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

This is a great idea and we do the same thing. Also, the debit adjustment should allow us to do partial adjustments and not simply reverse the whole AP Bill

Userlevel 4
Badge

@jvinski71 

You are able to do partial adjustments with Debit Adj’s. For example from time to time our AP clerk enters the wrong AP amount, ie 2,539 vs 2,359. In that case you can create a debit adjust to remove just the $180 over bill. No need to reverse the whole document and re-enter. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@byates Sorry, I mispoke. yes, we can do debit adjustments. We had issues in another area related to this not exactly this. Thanks for thee quick response however.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @byates The AP Register report can be used for this purpose.

You can print this report with the option in the “Bills and Adjustments” Screen - > Reports →”AP Register Detailed”

Screenshots for reference:

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @byates If needed, you can also modify the format of this report with the Report Designer.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge

@ChandrasekharM

Thanks for the info. That document is a bit more of an internal look IMO. I am looking for something a bit more “formal” looking that is concise, and clear. If I were to send that to a Vendor I think I would get more questions than actions. I essentially want to mirror my AP Invoice Remit form but with clear verbiage that it is a “Credit Memo Request” so to speak. The above is certainly an option of last resort but was looking for something a bit more formal as stated above.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved