Skip to main content
Solved

Adding Existing (old) Fixed Assets into the FA Module

• 30 May 2024
  • 2 replies

We just recently started using Acumatica’s Fixed Asset Module. Prior to this, we have kept everything on a spreadsheet and entered the depreciation via a journal entry.
I have no issues entering/adding new Fixed Assets, but does anyone know the process of adding old fixed assets into the FA Module? By “old” I mean the assets that were purchased in prior years that have already been either fully or partially depreciated?
When added into the FA Module, these assets should not have an impact on the General Ledger since the assets and the depreciation expense is already “on the books”.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @esarhatlic ,

Acumatica has a checkbox under Fixed Assets preferences called “update gl”. With this de-selected you can bring in fixed assets without hitting the GL. However if you want to run depreciation you need to turn it on after. As for your FA Imports, I suggest bringing in assets on a different tenant, checking that the totals match, running a test depreciation run on this tenant. When the totals match your spreadsheet (including accumulated depreciation, net value, basis, values by gl account, the depreciation batch etc.) then you can replicate on your live tenant.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hello @esarhatlic 

If you need to add existing FA with accumulated depreciation, you can refer to the Acumatica help link –

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/(W(4))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=592597ce-0742-47f6-96b8-afeb0832fb2c

Thanks.