Solved

No Charge Replacement Parts in Service w/ fifo

• 8 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Multiple vendors that we work with send “no charge” warranty replacement parts that associate with open Service Order & Appointments in Acumatica. My instinct in Acumatica is to create a Zero $ purchase order from the service order and once the parts arrive enter a receipt to match.

My challenge is that Fifo layers don’t play nice with this circumstance and the first available layer is what posts to the document when it is invoiced. I need the parts ordered on PO for these jobs to be reflected in the Service Order/Appointment at $0.

Any ideas on how to achieve this outcome? I considered using a non stock item with the applicable part #, but then I lose the benefit of issue reports and adjusting my replenishment to keep up with demand. 

icon

Best answer by Anacarina Calvo 8 February 2023, 17:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @twheeler 
Have you tried using valuation method Specific? once the invoice is released, the cost that was entered on the PO will be the one reflected on the Service Order/Appointment. The thing to consider is that the items will need to be serialized.  

Thank you Anacarina. This was proposed by our VAR, but feels like a misfit solution. It’s a very common occurrence so I’m not sure serializing all those parts, even automatically, is the right solution. Do you agree?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@twheeler at the moment, the only ways to accomplish this is to either use Non-Stock Items or to use Stock Items with Specific valuation method

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved