Solved

What is the maximum password length for Password in SM200530

• 14 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In SM200530 the password field is, in the database, 50 characters long.  However, if I enter a password like:

abcdefghijklmn1234

I get an error when saving:

Error: Updating  the 'Certificate' record failed because data in some field is too long.

2021 R1 Build 21.103.0054

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 15 July 2021, 06:42

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ddunn Below are my observations, and might help you to understand above query.

• Acumatica is using DB3DesCryphString mechanism to encrypt the password and encrypted value will be saved into database.
  • In the screen level, even if you provided “ABCD” as a password (4 character) after encrypting the length of the password may increase to 30 characters  (jC2Eqooc/lfGOQ9qxGk/c8UVfYP8/VFn)
  • Due to this reason you are getting error on the screen level. -
  • But actually this is wrong - Acumatica may look into it future and correct it.

Workaround: Increase the length of the “password” field in the database.

Please find the sample example, which I have tried in my local machine.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved