Solved

Warehouse Access by restriction group

• 29 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

We have multiple warehouses each of which is managed by a different user.

****We want to limit the users at each warehouse to only see and alter data for their individual warehouse.****

I created a restriction group for warehouse 100 and assigned a user to this.

My expectation was that they would not be able to see or do anything in the system for anything other than their assigned warehouse.

However, as a test, I logged in as the restricted user and was able to alter sales orders lines assigned to other warehouses.

Have I set something up wrong or are my expectations out of line with what restriction groups do?

Again, I am attempting to limit a user to warehouse 100 only for every screen in Acumatica for user 3PL.

Only warehouse 100 is checked in the images below.

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 29 September 2022, 16:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

This restriction group doesn’t appear to do anything.  I logged in as the user and was able to do a receipt of an item into warehouse 100 and another warehouse as well.  The restrictions appear to have no effect.

I must be doing something wrong.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ltussing03 ! For this issue I would make sure that there is a restriction group setup for each warehouse.

If you have two warehouses and setup restrictions on one of them so that an employee can see just warehouse 1, but no restriction is set on warehouse two, then by default the employee has access to both warehouses.

By making sure that all warehouses are included in at least one group, this will mean that when they open the warehouse screen or click the selector, it will only show the allowed warehouses.

You can also control this by restricting access to the branch the warehouse belongs to, where if the user doesn’t have access to the branch, then they won’t have access to the warehouse.

I tested something like this recently, so I’m certain it should work, but here’s a couple screenshots from what I had setup:

admin user is part of this group
he has access to only these two warehouses

Then I made a second group to lump all the rest into, which admin user was not part of:

Logged in as admin and this is all I see on Warehouses form:

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Ben,

Thanks for responding.  I found I was expecting more from the restriction groups than they do.  However, I now have this working for what is required.

Thanks as always for taking the time to respond, it is truly appreciated!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @ltussing03 ! For this issue I would make sure that there is a restriction group setup for each warehouse.

If you have two warehouses and setup restrictions on one of them so that an employee can see just warehouse 1, but no restriction is set on warehouse two, then by default the employee has access to both warehouses.

By making sure that all warehouses are included in at least one group, this will mean that when they open the warehouse screen or click the selector, it will only show the allowed warehouses.

You can also control this by restricting access to the branch the warehouse belongs to, where if the user doesn’t have access to the branch, then they won’t have access to the warehouse.

I tested something like this recently, so I’m certain it should work, but here’s a couple screenshots from what I had setup:

admin user is part of this group
he has access to only these two warehouses

Then I made a second group to lump all the rest into, which admin user was not part of:

Logged in as admin and this is all I see on Warehouses form:

hello @BenjaminCrisman @ltussing03 I just tested out that even without restricting the particular user and only allowing the other users to have access to the particular warehouse (which in this case is the second group that has been created), can work.

i have attached screenshot below where Anna Johnson user is the user who only has access to Wholesale Warehouse.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved