Solved

Unable to deactivate some vendor contacts

• 22 September 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We’ve come across several vendor contacts where “Deactivate” is greyed out in the Actions menu:

Any idea what could be causing that and how to get around it so we can mark these contacts as deactivated?

icon

Best answer by RohitBhandurge 22 September 2022, 21:53

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

We’ve come across several vendor contacts where “Deactivate” is greyed out in the Actions menu:

Any idea what could be causing that and how to get around it so we can mark these contacts as deactivated?

Makes the contact inactive and changes its status to Inactive. The contact cannot be specified in documents and other records and does not appear in lookup tables for the Contact element on forms. An existing document or record that refers to an inactive contact cannot be processed; any attempt to modify the document or record results in an error.

Which version you are running, I don't see an Active Option in your screenshot to set the status also>.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @mikeho 

What version of Acumatica are you using? Just to let you know, this is not in the newer version of 2022R1. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

HI @mikeho 

What version of Acumatica are you using? Just to let you know, this is not in the newer version of 2022R1. 

Seems to be 21R1 and before, @kandy65 

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@manikantad18 

We’re on 21R1. The contact shows as “Active” in the list view of the Contacts tab:

But when you go into the contact itself neither the “Activate” nor the “Deactivate” options are available under the Actions menu (as demonstrated in my initial post).

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@manikantad18

We’re on 21R1. The contact shows as “Active” in the list view of the Contacts tab:

But when you go into the contact itself neither the “Activate” nor the “Deactivate” options are available under the Actions menu (as demonstrated in my initial post).

Are you an admin role users? Could you please why the status is not coming in screen level, Once the status is visible in the Contact screen you can mark activate or deactivate.

If not a admin user try from admin login and confirm if this is showing as below or not

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@manikantad18

Try to open the GI and Enable Mass Deletion and see if that allows you:

Userlevel 5
Badge

@mikeho - @kbeatty21 is correct. It looks like that option is not available in the new versions of Acumatica. If you do not want that contact, you can delete those contacts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@mikeho - @kbeatty21 is correct. It looks like that option is not available in the new versions of Acumatica. If you do not want that contact, you can delete those contacts.

@RohitBhandurge  It seems the only option is to make them inactive.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@mikeho - One reason why you are unable to “Deactivate” the Contact is because that particular Contact could have some transaction associated with it. In other words, may be an email with a PO attachment is sent to that particular contact (since that contact is a primary contact for a certain Vendor).

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thank you, everyone. As it’s not happening with every vendor contact it only makes sense to me that @RohitBhandurge’s response above might be correct. Either way it sounds like in future builds that isn’t even an option so I won’t worry about it.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved