Skip to main content
Solved

Restricting Users from posting their own Transactions

• 20 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Outside of Approval Maps, is there a way to restrict Users to post their own Transactions (without Review from others)?

I think Approval Maps is probably the best way to go, but wondering if anybody encountered this before and solved it?

Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@krausef77 what type of transactions are you trying to restrict?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @krausef77 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @krausef77 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

We created a simple Customization to add an Owner Field to Journal Transactions and utilizing the Reports To Field on the Employee Record to avoid writing Approval Map Rules for each Employee or Department.

So a combination of Customization and Approval Map on Journal Transactions.

Not ideal but it is what it is.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I am guessing you are referring to Journal Transactions. You gave two options: 1) using Approval Workflow 2) implementing a small business logic so the release button is disabled or hidden if the creator of the document is the current user. This can apply to documents other than JE too.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @krausef77 , Do your customization was able to assign the OwnerID on the Approvals Screen (EP503010)? The AP documents show the OwnerID of the AP Document in this screen, but it does not show it for the Journal Transactions, I cant seem to find the Owner ID field int he Journal Transaction, and i want to confirm. 

Thank you.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@martingaxiola 

If you have a local instance of Acumatica run a select statement on Batch table to see if OwnerID is among the field. If you don’t have a local instance, then create a simple GI on Batch DAC and in the fields check if OwnerID exists.

Regardless, OwnerID is nothing but the ContactID of the user. You have CreatedByID field in the Batch DAC which is the user who created the record and from this you can get the ContactID