Solved

Business Event Triggers based on GI - Notification Email Goes Out - Activity is not being logged - Any ideas on what I may have missed

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I have a Business Event that Triggers off a generic Inquiry, once a day at a set time.

I want the activity to be logged under the Vendor.

If I run the report manually the activity is being logged under the vendor, when the email is generated.

When I trigger the business event using the Notifcation Template, an email is generated but the Activity is not logged to the Vendor.

Any ideas on what I am missing. 

Here are the images of the notication template. 

Notification template  Link to Entity and Account filled

I believe the activity should be logged based on setting on the Notification Template.

The business event and Schedule are working. I am including the business event.

This is the Mail Setting in the report. Just in case this information is asked for. 

Again, when I run the customer report the activity appears under the Vendor.

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt

icon

Best answer by sheilao08 26 July 2022, 14:31

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I think the issue is that in the report you are linking to BAccount.noteID but in the notification template you’re using BAccount.acctCD. I’ve only had luck using a noteID to link entities/activities. I would suggest changing the notification template to use NoteID and see if you have better results with that.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks amit61.  I tried your suggestion.  It did not work.   If you have any other ideas, I will try them.    Matt

Add Baccount.NoteId

Userlevel 4
Badge

I am having a similar issue with cases.  I want a survey to go out only for closed support cases where we have a user-defined field identifying if a survey should be sent. To accomplish this, I had to use a GI since I could not pull in and filter closed cases using an attribute field on the Business Event.  The email is sending but it is not tracking the activity anywhere.  I am using the Link to entity field on the Notification Template and have the ((CRCase_noteID)).  I also added that field to the GI and it is still not adding the activity to the case.  I have tried the CaseCD, the contacts email, and still not working.

Well, now it is working but it is sending the email notification twice and tracking the activity twice.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks for Sharing.  I ended up creating a development case and also a support case.  Both issues have a business event involved.   Email s and attachments go out but activity not recorded. 

Will let you know if I hear anything.  Matt

Userlevel 4
Badge

@mcraig95 

I did get this working by recreating the generic inquiry with minimal tables instead of copying another GI.  I did use the join on the NoteID field and it is tracking the email to the activity of the case and sending the email.  I did notice, it doesn’t show in the email that it is tracked but it does show under the activity of the case.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks for the information, sheilao08.   I recently heard from Acumatica on those cases, I created.   Will let you know how it works out.   Is your business event still triggering  twice? Is this because the GI has the record twice.

If so, could that be the reason? Did you try changing the business event to trigger for all records, grouped by case id.

Matt

Userlevel 4
Badge

@mcraig95 No it is no longer firing twice.  The GI showed the record only once but it was firing twice.  I recreated the GI with less tables. I had previously copied an existing GI and not sure if something was incorrect but once I recreated with only the support cases and contacts I was able to get it to send the email and also track the activity to the case.  So all is working for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

A couple notes:

• When you want to link the email to a business account, use the bAccountID field. You may have to add this to your Generic Inquiry results.
  • If you link to an Entity and an Account, then two different events get created (one is attached to the case and one attached to the business account). When you view the activity stream on the business  account, you may see what looks like a duplicate because the case is also linked to the business account.
  • Here is a link to a useful help article: https://help.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=ebcda76a-433f-4bde-8aed-efc69474fd03

I show some screen shots illustrating this on this Idea: https://community.acumatica.com/ideas/attach-email-from-business-event-to-a-business-account-when-using-a-notification-template-1280 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thank You Doug,  We tried your suggestion and the activity was not logged.  Right now the case is with Acumatica.  We have tried baccountId and noteid.  Will let you know when it is resolved.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I was able to get  the email activity logging working.   Doug of course was correct.

Shout out to Acumatica Support. ThankYou. 

In context the example was Cases “Link to Account” Baccount_baccountID”

expanded to  where you want it. 

Use the table.baccountID to log activity. 

For the AP Payment logging the email activity

The AP Vendor table had to be added to the GI ,  Vendor.baccountID  has to be in the results.

Added to the Notification Template  “Link to Account” 

After that the email activity for AP Payments is logged under the Vendor.

For the AR Payment logging the email activity

Originally the business event was using screen AR302000 Payments and Applications.

In the Notification Template - Attach activity was selected.

Email activity was being logged on AR302000, under the activities button, but not logged under the Customer Account.   “Link to Account”   I could not seem to find Customer _BaccountID.

I am thinking it was not exposed in the Acumatica Screen and as it is in a screen I could not get it to work.

Solution on this one. 

I created a generic inquiry, linked it to the business event. In the generic inquiry I added AR Customer table.  Exposed Customer.BAccountID in the GI.  

Used this field in the Notification Template  “Link to Account”

After that the email activity for AR Payments is logged under the Customer.

Regards!

Matt

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved