Solved

Attribute with selector/schema does not show Employee emails

• 6 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi. Im looking to get employee`s email on UDF, but unfortunately under Schema fields or I cant find Email field. Is there any way to resolve this?

icon

Best answer by iqraharrison48 7 November 2023, 19:46

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Did you try other Schema Objects, such as Contact ?  I tried quite a few, Employee and Contact tables, and I cannot find a Schema Object that lists the employee Email address in the Schema Field List.

If you have exhausted all the schema objects that could include employee email address, then I think customization might be the next step. 

I did find one similar question answered by dcomerford, though this question was about displaying employee id & email in a custom GI, not exactly the same as your question about using email address as employee identifier on an Attribute. Copied here just in case you can use the idea.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dpruckus hi! the closest i got was being able to pull in the user profile which shows the email info.

i used to the following: 

PX.SM.SMNotificationMaint+UserEmail

schema field: username

where do you plan on adding this UDF? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@dpruckus hi! the closest i got was being able to pull in the user profile which shows the email info.

i used to the following: 

where do you plan on adding this UDF? 

I had a similar setup. I used PX.SM.Users. It gets all the users from the system. My problem is, that in UDF field I want to type in an email address and it will retrieve user data. Unfortunately, when you typing in, system looks only at the column Login, and does not auto-populate the user if you type in email address.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dpruckus i just tested this with the same schema object referenced above (included here for convenience)

if you use the magnifier to open up the dialogue box and you can add a filter on the email to search for the correct email:

filter for contains “supp”

if the ultimate goal is to retrieve the user info, this may work for you! 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved