Solved

Setting up UPS Ground Freight Carrier/ShipVia

• 21 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I’m looking to add UPS Ground Freight to our list of carriers/shipvia’s using the Acumatica UPS Plugin. The wiki notes carriers have various service types and lists ‘UPS Ground with Freight Pricing’ as one of the examples, leading me to believe this should be possible.

Since UPS Ground freight uses a different endpoint URL for pricing and shipping, I’ve copied our existing UPS carrier that is currently working and added the freight URLs:

Endpoint: https://wwwcie.ups.com/webservices/FreightRate

Ship Endpoint: https://wwwcie.ups.com/webservices/FreightShip

I have also granted freight pricing, shipping, and pickup on our UPS account for production and have also tried this with the production URL’s. However, I keep receiving this error when doing a rate lookup: 

Carrier Service returned error. 9371000:Invalid Freight Shipping Request Document

Does anyone know how to correct this issue? 

icon

Best answer by Dhiren Chhapgar 24 October 2020, 23:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2

UPS Ground Freight is only supported via ShipEngine integration at present.

You need to use Ship Via working with ups_ground_freight service method and specify Freight Class on Shipment before Rate Shopping and Confirming Shipment in Acumatica.

Hi @Dhiren Chhapgar - thank you for the response.  I work with Trevor (original poster) and we do have the ShipEngine integration active in our environment, but we are getting some very wild quoted rates coming back to us (some north of $100K), which made us explore if UPS Ground Freight was possible through the native UPS plugin.

Do you happen to know who manages the ShipEngine integration for Acumatica? Is this internally within Acumatica or is it managed by ShipEngine directly? We have ‘enable negotiated rates’ active in our ShipEngine account and also have negotiated rates active on our direct UPS account, but the rates we are pulling back from ShipEngine are exponentially higher than what we receive when we run the same shipment through UPS WorldShip using Ground Freight service. 

Any information you can provide would be appreciated.

Userlevel 2

Hi  @Joseph68 , ShipEngine integration is maintained internally within Acumatica.

This issue needs to be investigated with ShipEngine team. I recommend you open up Acumatica support case for this with reference of this thread. 

Hey @trevor26 @JoeYTG 
Were you able to get your UPS Ground with Freight pricing working?  Just wanted to make you aware of an Acumatica shipping solution, StarShip, that supports UPS Ground with Freight pricing as well as other small parcel and LTL carriers and services.  StarShip connects directly to the carrier servers using your account and credentials giving you a view of your negotiated rates which will match those in WorldShip.  Reach out to @cwalsh70 if you would like to chat more!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved