Solved

Sales Order Line -> PO Link -> Reporting Join

• 4 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Does anyone know the best way to join an SOLine to the PO Link?  Im looking to add this information into a report but can’t find the best way to join the information.  See my screen shot.

icon

Best answer by evelkly 4 December 2020, 19:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello!

The PO link data is stored in the SOLineSplit DAC.  I’ve attached the XML for a simple GI that provides the below results, which includes the field you highlighted.  Hopefully this gives you a good base to build upon.

Eric

In case the XML doesn’t import cleanly, here’s the relevant GI screens, in this case simply filtered to a single SO for brevity:

Userlevel 1

Hi @zoeymuff 

There’s a few ways to do reporting in Acumatica, which you can find in the online help.  What you see above (the graphical stuff) comes from the Generic Inquiry screen, which lets you (fairly) easily write queries against your data. As far as I know, all methods of reporting generate an XML file in the background, but you don’t typically need to worry about it.

I believe a “normal” user can learn to create the various reporting methods, as long as they can understand the data, how it is accessed/stored, and how to relate it together (such as a sales order (SOOrder) to a sales order line (SOLine).

Hope this helps reduce some of your concern.

Eric

Userlevel 1
Badge

@evelkly 

i have a question, we are not yet Acumatica customer, whenever we need to customize a report, do we have to write something like this? it is almost scary! since a normal user will not be able to write something like this. it should be user friendly, this definitely not

thank you

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved