Solved

Purchase Price Variance and Inventory Valuation

• 18 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello Everyone,

I am playing around with various costing method scenarios in right now. Let’s say I enter a PO for 10 of an item at $100. This item is costed at FIFO. Let’s say the accompanying AP Bill is for $120. I understand there will be $20 going to PPV and $20 going to Purchase Accruals. The cost of the item stays at $10/unit even though the bill was for $120. Is there anyway to retroactively update that item’s cost to $12/unit for this PO/Receipt?

If anyone has suggestions or ideas that would be great. Maybe there is an industry standard.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by kristianharianja 19 April 2023, 02:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@podonnell11 Yes, use Inventory Account as the purchase price variance allocation mode. The $2 per unit variance will be adjusted to the receipted goods.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@podonnell11 Yes, use Inventory Account as the purchase price variance allocation mode. The $2 per unit variance will be adjusted to the receipted goods.

I like this option a lot. It seems to work the way we need it to. 

Thanks!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved