My client runs an in-house repair shop. They are using service orders to manage in-house repairs on equipment. There are open service orders where stock items are already consumed on the repair. The service order can’t yet be closed because further work needs to happen.
When a physical count is generated, the items already used on the service order are still considered “on-hand” by Acumatica. This causes the physical count to display higher book quantity than there actually is on the bin. This can cause stock items to be reduced too low by mistake.
- I have 13 stock item X on hand
- I used 2 on an open service order
- I generate a count, which displays 13 on hand
- During the count, I input 11 as Physical Quantity
- The system adjusts 13 stock items down to 11
- I close and bill my service order
- This process further reduces stock item X by 2 units
- Now I have 9 in the warehouse, whereas I should have 11 in the warehouse. I have adjusted down the Item X by 2 units during the count, which shouldn’t have occurred
I think it would be very helpful to display Available and Available for Shipment quantities on the count related screens. This would solve this issue.
I assume a similar issue can show up in a distribution environment, however, I have not tested this through a sales order/shipment process.
I wanted to throw this out there and first of all see, am I missing something? If not, then I’ll move this to product idea.
Best answer by umeshView original