Solved

Minimum Charge/Automatically add up to a set amount

• 25 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

Is there a way to set an invoice minimum amount as $200?
Note:   If the amount is below $200, the system don’t forbid this invoice, the system will just automatically add the total up to $200.

Currently, the user can manually add a non-stock line at the invoice to make the total no less than $200. 
       Is there a way to make it in automation?  I am thinking of the Freight calculation.

icon

Best answer by ray20 25 January 2021, 04:22

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

it looks like the original freight calculation can not fulfill my need.

But I can use business event to get my work done.

I make a GI to monitor the invoice below than $200 and trigger an import scenario to update the freight.

like below:

But it is having a minor issue, the screen is not refreshed, so the user won’t see the $200 invoice unless himself refresh the screen manually.      

Can import scenario trigger the refresh?

Also, If anyone has any brighter ideas, I’d like to learn from.

Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

You need to add validation for the case when ARInvoice_curyLineTotal is greater than $200 so that you don’t try to set negative freight.

The only easy way to get an immediate update on the page will be to create small customization that will either update the Freight amount on the Save action (Persist method) or in the FieldUpdated event hander.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@samvellaHBl7QVBU6C6KqXsC79Q 
Yes Samvel, thank you for joining discussion.
I have already filtered out the invoices that larger than $200 in GI. so I will not get a negative Freight.

I know, using customization is a more direct way, but I am not good at coding.
by the way, it would be quite flexible, if user wants to waive some customers, I can just modify the GI source conditions.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@ray20 The main con regarding this method is that if the user decides to update the record again without refreshing the page he would get the error message saying that somebody has updated the record. Other than that I think this is a nice way to use Business Events and Import Scenarios in a combination to update the records.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@samvellaHBl7QVBU6C6KqXsC79Q 
Thank you , yes, definitely , I’ve noticed this. And so I highlighted this question:

Can import scenario trigger the refresh?

do you know something about this?

And also, this is not a big issue, causing I’ve told users what shall happen. and they normally did not modify invoice directly, they normally generate invoice in batch, in processing screen.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@ray20 Unfortunately, there is no way to trigger the refresh of the page from the import scenario without doing some complex customizations.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved