Skip to main content
Solved

Locating a shipment by carrier tracking number

• 17 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello,

Is there any way to locate a shipment in Acumatica by searching UPS or FedEx tracking number? 

I searched on the GI=> RESULTS GRID TAB, and I was not able to find a field for this. I don't know that we need to add an additional table to the GI in order to add the field and then search it by?

Or another option is there  to locate a shipment by tracking number. 

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Did you already try the Global Search → right above where you circled “shipments”?  Look at the Transactions & Profiles section of Search Results.

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Laura02 I tried it, but it did not bring any results.

Badge +12

If I’m not mistaken, I believe the Tracking Number is assigned per package, and a single Shipment could have multiple Packages. You could join the Packages table to the Shipments screen, but it’s going to significantly change it unless you usually send the whole Shipment as one Package.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@darylbowman is correct.  You may have multiple shipping numbers for a single shipment (i.e. you send 6 boxes).  If you want to build a shipment number look-up option, I’d recommend building this as a separate Generic Inquiry because otherwise you will end up with shipments being repeated on the Shipments Primary List (which could throw users off)

Userlevel 2
Badge

@darylbowman 

Thank you for the reply. I was able to add the table and find the shipment by searching the carrier tracking number. I will turn it on when I need it in order to avoid shipment being repeated.