Solved

Inventory Preferences - In-Transit Branch

• 26 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Can anyone explain if the In-Transit Branch default under Inventory Preferences has any impact?  I have a multi-branch company and of course would have any number of branches that would be in-transit when transferring or purchasing inventory.  I don’t understand how 1 default In-Transit Branch would even apply much less make sense to be mandatory setup under Inventory Preferences.

thanks for the input

icon

Best answer by mvolshteyn 27 October 2021, 20:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@dmzasdf , no the  two-step inventory transfers do not create new inventory items

They are transfers of existing inventory items between warehouses

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@KevinGilbert , basically  this is a branch attached to the ‘in transit warehouse’ (having CD = INTR, but not visible in UI) the same way as branches are attached to ordinary warehouses,

In particular, when you do a first step of a 2step transfer (say between WHOLESALE and RETAIL warehouses), GL Transactions are:

• Cr Inv Account and Branch attached to WHOLESALE
  • Dr In Transit Account and *In Transit Branch*

let me know if it clarifies

Userlevel 4
Badge

@mvolshteyn 

Does the two-step (with receipt) create a new inventory item with the target branch inventory class? Working on splitting a branch in two and trying to avoid journal entries to move costs as well as prefer to not replicate inventory items for each branch.

Thank you,

Dave Z

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved