Solved

import scenario issue on Vendors - Attributes

• 4 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Does someone know what is the actual formula for import Vendor Attributes?

I want to import lots of the data on Vendors - ATTRIBUTES -  Vendor Products highlighted as below

I have tried, but come out error

Formula of import scenarios

CR Error: One or more Attributes are not valid.

icon

Best answer by mikedavidson07 4 August 2021, 18:42

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Give this a try (The attribute in this example is called SOURCE, the data to populate in the SOURCE attribute is Field from import sheet)

Target Object:               Filed / Action Name                  Commit            Source Filed / Value

Attributes                     <Key: AttributeID>                                            =[Answers.AttributeID]

Attributes                     Attribute -> Attribute ID            Yes                   =’SOURCE’

Attributes                     Value                                                                (Field from Import sheet)

Userlevel 2
Badge

Give this a try (The attribute in this example is called SOURCE, the data to populate in the SOURCE attribute is Field from import sheet)

Target Object:               Filed / Action Name                  Commit            Source Filed / Value

Attributes                     <Key: AttributeID>                                            =[Answers.AttributeID]

Attributes                     Attribute -> Attribute ID            Yes                   =’SOURCE’

Attributes                     Value                                                                (Field from Import sheet)

I have tried, but imported wrong column?

according the excel file it should be Column B “Vendor products”  line 4 in system, but after I imported, it goes to line 1  “Chinese Address”  

I’m not sure which part is wrong? could you help?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

On the 4th line, Source Field / Value change =’SOURCE’, This needs to be your actual attribute ID: =’Vendor Products’ (to hard code it) or use Attribute column from the excel sheet.

On the 5th line, Source Field /Value change Attribute, this needs to be the column in your sheet that has the value you want to insert.  This would be Value (column D) if you are attempting to insert “On Semiconductor”.  

On the 7th line uncheck the Active box, save and test and see if this works.

Userlevel 2
Badge

On the 4th line, Source Field / Value change =’SOURCE’, This needs to be your actual attribute ID: =’Vendor Products’ (to hard code it) or use Attribute column from the excel sheet.

On the 5th line, Source Field /Value change Attribute, this needs to be the column in your sheet that has the value you want to insert.  This would be Value (column D) if you are attempting to insert “On Semiconductor”.  

On the 7th line uncheck the Active box, save and test and see if this works.

I tried to adjust my excel file move “ON Semiconductor” from column D to column B

Line 4 changed to =’Vendor Products’

Line 7 unchecked

Vendor Products = ON Semiconductor imported

but Chinese Address come out “False” and come out the new line Opportunity Source???

can it be removed the line Opportunity Source, I didn’t add it

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

If you want to update several attributes you will still need the attribute ID on the excel sheet.  If this is also the case, you should not hard code the Source Field / Value to be =’Vendor Products’.  Delete that out of the field and double click/look up your excel column for the attribute ID (your original excel sheet had this as column b “Attribute”).  The following line of the import scenario will be value (the excel value you want to insert into the attribute value). 

Userlevel 2
Badge

If you want to update several attributes you will still need the attribute ID on the excel sheet.  If this is also the case, you should not hard code the Source Field / Value to be =’Vendor Products’.  Delete that out of the field and double click/look up your excel column for the attribute ID (your original excel sheet had this as column b “Attribute”).  The following line of the import scenario will be value (the excel value you want to insert into the attribute value). 

I didn’t add Opportunity source in Attribute why it appear suddenly? can it remove?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I’m not sure what going on with the Opportunity Source.  These are controlled by which attributes are assigned to the Vendor Class.  Do you have multiple vendor classes set up and is it the correct class for the vendor you are working with?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved