Solved

I need help understanding substitution

• 9 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

Food Distributor working on Acumatica 2022 R1 Build 22.110.0018

The scenario:

We have items that we are running low we assign a substitute for them.

We have 2 types, mandatory and regular.

Mandatory means that if the original item is on a sales order, our current system knows that we should fulfill the order with the sub item without further human intervention. The system shows on the invoice:
Item A Qty Shipped: 0

Item B: SUB, Qty Shipped: 1

Regular means that if the original item is on a sales order, our current system waits for a human to apply the sub.
If the human decides to allow for the sub, the system shows on the invoice:

Item B: SUB, Qty Shipped: 1

If the human decides to NOT allow for the sub, the system shows on the invoice:

I have been testing with Acumatica but I cannot make it behave the same way:

Under Stock Item > Related Item I set the item as follows:

I am expecting this setup to behave like what I described as the mandatory sub but, when I create a sales order, the system shows me the original item as a sub 

But the system is not doing the sub for me. It needs me to “accept” the sub.

The question is:
Is the functionality I tried to describe available?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 9 September 2022, 17:23

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @olieves 

I believe here is what you are trying to accomplish:

The item has a substitute:

You created the Sales Order and it shows there are Related Items:

You need to click the Related Items icon and a popup will appear to select the item to replace:

Once you select the item, you hit Add & Close, the system then enters the substitute item:

Is that what you are looking for?

Userlevel 2

Hi Kandy.

Thanks for the quick reply…

Kind of. I was hoping that Acumatica would do 2 things per scenario:

Kind of like a decision table:

But I am not sure if I am misunderstanding the “Customer Approval Not Needed” and “Required” checkboxes functionality or, if the functionality as I describe it and need it, does not exist.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @olieves 

Are you looking for the system to automatically substitute the item? If so, it currently does not do that, you need to manually change it. 

Here is what the help says about the Customer Approval Not Needed and the Required:

Userlevel 2

Hi Kandy,

Yes. I was hoping that the system would automatically sub the item 😕

Thanks for the info

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@olieves , please create a New Idea in Community for Automatic Item Substitutions.  If you could mention the business rules that go along with your idea, that would be great too.  

For example, should this be done where there is no available (ie stockout), that the system automatically substitute item B for item A.  Does the customer permit substitutes?  Or are there customer-specific substitute items (a list of acceptable items in a hierarchical list). Are there situations where the customer will not accept a substitute - that sort of thing.

thanks,

-Dana

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved