Solved

How to create shipment when primary location doesn't have enough stock and storage is not sales allowed

• 23 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi everyone,

I have item1 at location A and B.

A has 5 pcs. A is primary location and sales allowed.

B has 100 pcs. B is storage location and sales not allowed.

I got an error message when I submit a 10 pcs order. It asks me to transfer item from sales not allowed location. I understand that but does anyone has any ideas to ignore this error? 

For some big orders, user may ask 2000 pcs. But the primary location only can put 500 pcs. How to you guys working on this case?

icon

Best answer by Gabriel Michaud 23 April 2021, 22:34

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @larryly,

Since sales are not allowed from location B, the system will never create a shipment or allow you to make a shipment manually. You will need to allow sales from this location, or transfer to another location first.

Typically, “Sales Allowed” is used for a returns location where you put returned goods for inspection before making it available for sale again.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Gabriel Michaud Thank you. We may use sales not allowed on a wrong way.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved