Solved

How to closed a request without creating requisition?

• 3 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have a scenario whereby internal employee make a request of inventory items that have existing stock. Thus, when an internal employee enter a request, it will alert or send notification to logistics team to either perform issue or transfer of item to another warehouse or location. When the employee has received the item, the employee can manually close the request form. Or how to manually change the Issue Status to Received, so that system will automatically change the status of the request to closed. Does anyone have any suggestion/solution for this? thanks alot

icon

Best answer by Laura02 4 August 2022, 11:42

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @jechang 

Out of the box Acumatica requires a Requisition for Requests. What you are looking for is a customization to bypass the Requisitions.

I found an older article that may help you:https://community.acumatica.com/distribution-6/inventory-internal-request-3834

Badge +16

I understand employees are using PO Requests for inventory items. The Warehouses are shipping the items to the employee, but there is no link in Acumatica from the Issue screen back to the Request number, and the Request remains open.

I think, consider a custom workflow. You may be able to handle the situation with User-defined fields and a custom Generic Inquiry, perhaps with a notification to the employee, or import to update & close Request.

Could this work? :

1. User defined field on Issues Screen to capture Employee
  2. User-defined field on Issues Screen to capture Request Number
  3. Generic Inquiry to show Employee, Request Number, Status of Request, Status of Issues batch connected to this Request, Date of Issues batch. Maybe, add filter tabs at top of GI for Shipped versus Not Shipped internal stock requests.  
  4. Send Notification based on completed stock requests… if Request remains open XX days after stock was shipped, email reminder to employee to close/cancel the Request.  Depending on volume, maybe an automated import to update the Request that are in this list will be helpful. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved