Our specific scenario is:
1. We place a Purchase Order and transmit it to our partner via EDI
2. Our partner ships the product.
3. Partner sends us an Invoice via EDI.
4. The Invoice is entered as an AP Bill against the PO.
5. We receive the inventory.
We don't want to pay the bill in step 4 until we get the inventory in step 5. We also don't want to prevent the bill from being entered because that basically eliminates the benefits of EDI. (nor do we want to put business logic in the EDI layer to not import the AP Bill)
So, is there a way to configure the system such that the only items that can be paid on an AP Bill linked to a PO are those items that have been matched to a PO Receipt?
Best answer by kandybeatty49View original
There is currently no out of the box functionality that would prevent a user from paying a bill in full.
A few ways to handle it though: