Solved

Generic Inquiry filter relation

• 9 February 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
  • Jr Varsity III
  • 51 replies

How to build Generic inquiry filter relation?

i want show customer location ID filter from customer ID?

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 9 February 2022, 19:04

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Naveen B Sorry, I don't understand what that means

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes, @abdi It will show all the values.

Hence suggested above to create a Form-Detailed/Custom inquiry screen to fulfil this requirement.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Naveen B i set like this, but not working filter customerlocation from customerid.
customer location data still appears all data

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @abdi Report designer also will works same as GI.

You can create a simple form-detail customization with filers (here it is possible to achieve build a relationship between the parameters) and accordingly filers the records and display in the grid.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Vinay K and @Naveen B

how about creating filter customer relations with customer relations in acumatica report designer?
I want to filter customer location based on the selected customer filter
Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks @Vinay K  and @Naveen B 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @abdi  Hope you are doing well!. I was missed your post.

In addition to the above comment, you cannot build a relationship between the Customer ID and Customer Location ID fields in the Generic Inquiry, this will come based on the screen design. 

Here is an example and screenshot for your reference.

Screen → SO301000 (Sales Order screen)

• In the Sales Order screen, we can see the Customer ID and Customer Location ID fields on the header section.
  • In the screen level, until you select the Customer ID field, Customer Location ID will not the field values.
  • The relationship is already built on the screen, when you use these fields in the Generic Inquiry, you can see the same behavior, it is NOT required to build relationship.

Screenshots

• In GI screen, I have created the 2 parameters i.e., Customer ID and Customer Location ID.
  • Customer Location ID field, will not load the values if there is Customer ID value (Relationship will come as-is from screen to GI)

Hope this info will helps you!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@abdi  There is no such feasibility in Generic Inquiry to set the relations between the filters.

Instead of Generic Inquiry you can achieve this by creating a custom inquiry screen, where we will have feasibility to achieve the expected results i.e. by modifying the selector of the second filed in the DAC or a by creating a custom selector if it involved complex logic. 

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Naveen B  please help me

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved