Solved

Free form Notes to display on a Dashboard Widget

• 24 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

We have a dashboard that is used to communicate daily tasks and information to our warehouse operations teammates.  We would like to add a widget to the dashboard that would allow our Operations Director to type notes into Acumatica that can display on a widget on this dashboard.  What is the best way to accomplish this goal?  We are running 23 R1.  Thank you.

icon

Best answer by bryanb39 24 January 2024, 17:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I'd create a Wiki page that your Ops Director can edit.  

I'd do this over pulling in some note field because it'll allow formating, bullet points, tables etc.   I'm sure you can create a nice template to update.  

Then greate a GI that'll pull in the last modified date of the wiki to display in a widget next to it.  

The UI for editing WiKi is pretty easy to use.  

You can display a Wiki on the dashboard.   

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the input.  I thought using a WiKi page was a good idea as well, but I quickly got lost in the documentation.  Do you have a recommended article that explains the process you recommend?

Thanks again.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I had the same issue. 

The way I figured it out was going to another wiki and editing it. Then creating a new one from there. 

Make sure you have the role to edit the wiki.  

Then you can add a wiki widget and assign it to the the one you create.  Don't forget the publish the Wiki.  

Later I can create a more step by step with some screen shots if needed.  

Userlevel 1

The step by step would be great.  I will also look into copying an existing WiKi and modifying that.  Thank you again for your help. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved