Solved

Existing inventory item to template items using matrix?

• 20 September 2022
  • 16 replies

Hello,

I’m getting some issues with Creating template items:

The item with the same inventory ID already exists. Change segment settings of the inventory ID.

Could someone enlighten me on a method to make this work?

icon

Best answer by DanielByrum 20 September 2022, 22:38

View original

16 replies

@DanielByrum Curious, The video in the file you mentioned strictly mentioned if the original items were in bigcommerce. Let’s say I do not have big commerce, is there any info or direction we need to head in to get that done that way?

This thread details how to move stock items under template items. The process can be time consuming if you have lots of IDs to merge, but it works well. It would be worth your time to make sure the people that are creating items at your company are trained well in the differences between matrix and normal items. 

Thank you sir!

Userlevel 2
Badge

This thread details how to move stock items under template items. The process can be time consuming if you have lots of IDs to merge, but it works well. It would be worth your time to make sure the people that are creating items at your company are trained well in the differences between matrix and normal items. 

Change ID is the only way? Is there a potential way to merge stock items into matrix items is what i’m trying to get at.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hey the issue is not so much creating matrix items, but the question is what do I do with Existing stock items that have same names? Like for example:

Goal: COLOR1-SKU1

Existing Stock item: COLOR1-SKU1

Is there any way to “remove” or “replace” existing stock item with matrix items as the matrix item’s ID already exist.

You could say when we originally built our system in 2020, it was before matrix items existed, and we’re trying to update our system per say.

Hi @calvin55 

What about Change ID on the items?

Hey the issue is not so much creating matrix items, but the question is what do I do with Existing stock items that have same names? Like for example:

Goal: COLOR1-SKU1

Existing Stock item: COLOR1-SKU1

Is there any way to “remove” or “replace” existing stock item with matrix items as the matrix item’s ID already exist.

You could say when we originally built our system in 2020, it was before matrix items existed, and we’re trying to update our system per say.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @calvin55 

Can you share with me what some of your template item ID’s may be and what the attributes are? I would be more than happy to test a few out for you to give you options and screen shots. 

HI @calvin55 

You can change the Number of characters as well for the ID settings, or you can swap the attributes, put SKU on top on color on the second one then do the opposite for the second template item. 

You can also create separate attributes for those template items. 

We have a specific format that we’re trying to follow. But I’m not sure what you mentioned is a good solution for us as our products say ‘color’-’sku’ specifically.

Again problem is that we have stock items with same names as proposed template format. Trying to see what’s the best way to remove stock items or an alternative that would allow us to utilize the same(matrix items) names as current stock items.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @calvin55 

You can change the Number of characters as well for the ID settings, or you can swap the attributes, put SKU on top on color on the second one then do the opposite for the second template item. 

You can also create separate attributes for those template items. 

Hi @calvin55 

Or if this is the error you are getting:

You will need to adjust your Configuration of the item (Old):

(New)

So the “Old” items we have is simply just a regular ‘Stock Item’, I’d presume the suggested way is to just changeid for each old item?

@calvin55 - I am assuming you are trying to create a matrix item from a Template Item. If so,

Please ensure you are selecting unique parameters in the “Configuration” Section of the Template Item.

As a practice I use - Template ID and Attribute Caption for the Inventory ID of the Matrix Item.

Moreover, I use Template Description and Attribute Caption for the Description Segment of the Matrix Item. This practice usually creates a unique combination of Matrix Items.

Please let me know if this helps. Thanks!

So what I’m trying to do is create matrix items with 2 different attributes.

What I did was upload a list of item SKU’s into attribute #1, as “SKU”

and created a second attribute called “COLOR”.

The issue I'm having is trying to create an item (InventoryID) that already exists. When I ‘CREATE MATRIX ITEMS’, obviously it’s not letting me as the inventoryID already exists in the system. What’s the best way to go forward from there? Is there a work around for this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @calvin55 

Or if this is the error you are getting:

You will need to adjust your Configuration of the item (Old):

(New)

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @calvin55 

I believe you want to change the ID of the template items. Here are a few ways you can do so:

1. Change it on the actual template item:
  1. Set up a New Segmented Key:

Or are you talking about when you create the Matrix items and you get that notification?

Userlevel 5
Badge

@calvin55 - Just another comment - You can first create/import the Child Items, Create/import the Template Items and them map them to each other. I am referencing Kandy Beatty - @kbeatty21 She can provide more guidance as well. Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@calvin55 - I am assuming you are trying to create a matrix item from a Template Item. If so,

Please ensure you are selecting unique parameters in the “Configuration” Section of the Template Item.

As a practice I use - Template ID and Attribute Caption for the Inventory ID of the Matrix Item.

Moreover, I use Template Description and Attribute Caption for the Description Segment of the Matrix Item. This practice usually creates a unique combination of Matrix Items.

Please let me know if this helps. Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @calvin55 

looks like this help section will help you to solve your topic: https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=f56166d3-7509-4572-b83c-1a7ca3b3f6d0

Cheers, Patrick

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved