Solved

Employee and Vendor

• 10 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

In the case where an employee sometimes is reimbursed for Employee expenses (Travel, Living, Lodging and Entertainment come to mind) but also provides services which are not part of their employment contract, i.e. Advertising.

When entering the bills for these activities, is there a way to indicate for each item whether it is reportable as a 1099 reportableactivity as opposed to an employee expense re-imbursement, which would not be considered income, and should not be reported on a 1099.

icon

Best answer by martingaxiola 19 January 2022, 21:36

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Im with Acumatica support on a chat about this, but there is no feature for it yet. There is an idea

I hope it gets deploy soon. Other idea presented is to create vendor records for the employees and create the balances with quickchecks that will not post gl transactions. 

Thank you for your prompt response @mpeck12 !

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @mpeck12 , did you find any information about the employees getting 1099 with Acumatica? My client has employees that will get 1099. 

Thank you!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have not found anything further, but I am still looking. I have a number of vendors, mostly employees anbd O/S Consultants, who need to receive a 1099, but not for all amounts paid to them.

I will update this case when I find anything on point.

Userlevel 2
Badge

No problem.

I don’t like the idea of using quickchecks because the amounts should post to the GL, but should not update Accounts Payable 1099 accumulator to be included on 1099’s if the payment is for expense reimbursement etc., since those are not properly considered Compensation amounts.

If I am processing an invoice for a Consultant who is billing me for hours worked and expense re-imbursement, the amount for the hours should be considered reportable compensation, but the expense amount should not, even if billed on the same document.

It seemed that you were looking for the same effect? 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Yes, but when my client was using the bill and adjusment screen to create a bill to pay the Employee, the 1099 box dessapears and cant be allocated, and the employee record does not have that capability yet. So, I advise that it will have to be a manual process this time, and hopefully the 1099 for employees Idea will be deployed soon.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Yes, my client has employees that received compensation as 1099s, and they are looking for be able to add 1099 on the bill screen or the employee record to received 1099. I advise them to do them manually, due to the capability is not develop in Acumatica yet. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved