Solved

Customer Overpayment Payment

• 23 September 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

We have had a few instances where the customer overpays the invoice(s) by $0.01

How can this penny be addressed without having to make a .01 invoice to write it off?

Thanks for any help!

icon

Best answer by markusray17 23 September 2021, 23:56

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

You need to make sure the amount applied is 1 cent higher than the balance of the document when you are doing a negative write off.

if the balance is 300(for example) and they paid 300.01 then you should set the Amount Paid to 300.01 and the write-off to -0.01. I’m guessing you set the amount paid to 300.00(the balance of the document which the system will default to) instead of 300.01 which would result in only 299.99 being applied to the document. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

You can make the amount paid 0.01 cent higher and make the write off amount -0.01. You will get an error when the amount paid is higher than the balance on the document but once you put the negative write off amount in it should go away. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

A payment is open if you still have an open balance on it. Which means you didn’t do the application correctly. You can either reverse the application and fix it or you can just write off the remaining balance on the payment.

Badge +16

Hello, Have you considered using the Write-Off features of Acumatica? The write-off screen writes off without having to create invoices for $.01 (or any amount). This process also makes it easy to write off ALL small balances/small credits at the same time, with just a few clicks.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks, Mark..  I get it now.  Appreciate the help.  I entered the amount paid in the header, but didn’t catch in the original explanation that it needs to be entered as the amount paid on the detail grid as well.

Userlevel 3
Badge

This creates an open payment record and the AR is still showing with a status of open.  How do you clear those?

Userlevel 2
Badge

That does it! Thanks alot.

Userlevel 2
Badge

After checking the customer details the invoice where this -.01 was applied as a writeoff now shows as a balance owing of .01. 

Was hoping this would clear this invoice as closed.

Any ideas?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I get this error with an invoice payment import, it has happened about once a month.  My work around has been just to decrease/match the invoice but then my remittance is short a penny so I need to do a Debit memo for .01.  

Does anyone know any import script/formula that would put any excess invoice amount into being written off?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved