Solved

Create Purchase Order Screen changes Close PO Line to "By Quantity"

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I have a non-stock item set to Close PO Line: “By Amount”. If I add this item to a Purchase Order manually, the Close PO Line setting carries over to the PO Line correctly.

If I use the Create Purchase Orders screen to create a PO with that same non-stock item, the PO Line is created with Close PO Line = “By Quantity”.  The Close PO Line field is not editable on the Purchase Order line and this is impacting our ability to process partial AP Bills correctly against the PO Line.

Has anyone else run into this situation?

Am I missing something in the configuration?

Inquiry showing the issue for just one of our items set to Close PO Line by Amount

icon

Best answer by Dana Moffat 17 May 2023, 22:47

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I have added parameters to the GI posted above and posted the XML below. Would anyone be willing to run the GI in their environment and report back on the results? I greatly appreciate your consideration and efforts in the community!

@Naveen Boga, @kandybeatty49, @Dana Moffat, @aaghaei 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @DConcannon 

I am getting the same results that you are:

It appears to be because the way the second PO is being created. I had to create mine through an SO. How are you creating the one to be able to Create Purchase Orders?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @kandybeatty49 Thank you for taking time to take a look at this!  I created an SO with mark for PO checked and then used the Create Purchase Order Screen to create the PO.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @kandybeatty49 Thank you for taking time to take a look at this!  I created an SO with mark for PO checked and then used the Create Purchase Order Screen to create the PO.

That’s what I did and I think that is where the By Qty is coming from. 

If you look at the help, the way that I read it, by QTY is the default and that seems to be what comes from when you create a PO from an SO. 

The rule to be used by the system to automatically complete purchase order lines with this non-stock item. One of the following options can be selected:

• By Quantity (default option for an item of the Non-Stock type): If this option is selected for an order line, the order line is completed based on the line quantity when the receipt or bill is released, depending on the type of the order line.
  • By Amount (default option for an item of the Labor, Service, Charge, or Expense type): If this option is selected for an order line, the order line is completed based on the line amount when the receipt or bill is released, depending on the type of the order line.

I also tested with a different type of PO and got the same results as well. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@kandybeatty49 

If you look at the help, the way that I read it, by QTY is the default and that seems to be what comes from when you create a PO from an SO. 

Default, yes, when creating a new item.  Create Purchase Orders ignoring the item setup is not correct and seriously and negatively impacting a standard business process. Any suggestions from Acumatica or the Community?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Update - Jan Lowe began spamming. I am removing their posts and replies to them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@DConcannon can you please log a customer care case? 

The default in Non-stock item for Close PO Line can be overridden (which is what you did).  It looks like there is an inconsistency when a PO is manually created (your non-stock item setting is used) vs when the PO is created via the Create Purchase Orders process  (your non-stock item setting is not used and system appears to default.)

-Dana

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Chris Hackett LOL, I did not know what to make of their post - thanks for the explanation.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks @Dana Moffat I just received the case number and I will message it to you.  Thanks for your reply!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @DConcannon  were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @DConcannon were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @DConcannon @Chris Hackett 

A change request has been created with the R&D team for the customer care case that you reported.

Thanks,

Dana

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Dana Moffat Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved